How to report abuse

If it's an emergency, contact the police, tel: 999.

If you're deaf, hard of hearing, have a hearing loss, or are speech impaired, you can use emergencySMS by texting 999 from your phone, or use the NGT Relay Assistant by dialling 18000 from the app or textphone.

If the person is not in any danger now but there has been a crime, contact the police, tel: 101.

If you're worried about yourself or someone else being abused or neglected, please contact Call Derbyshire, tel: 01629 533190.  You can phone Call Derbyshire anonymously without revealing your name.

Out of hours service

Outside of these times an emergency out of hours service for adult care is available from 5pm to 9am on Monday to Friday and 24 hours a day during weekends and public holidays.

This is an emergency service available for the public and agencies to access a range of social care staff for adults or children in need of social care.

Tel: 01629 532600.

General enquiries

For general non-urgent requests for advice and support you can contact Call Derbyshire by email, text, fax or minicom. This should not be used for Safeguarding concerns or reporting abuse.

or write to:

Derbyshire County Council
County Hall

Customers who prefer to use British Sign Language (BSL) can contact us using a SignLive video interpreter.

This service is available on Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm. It’s free to contact us from your home.

Next steps

What will happen next will depend on what you or the other person you are worried about wants, and how serious it is.

You will be listened to and we will only tell people about your concern if they can help us to stop the abuse.

We will support you.

DSAB posters and leaflets

The ‘Advice if you or someone you know is being abused, neglected or exploited' leaflet is available in 4 languages - English, Polish, Romanian and Urdu.  The leaflet is designed to inform both the public and professionals how to recognise abuse and neglect in Derbyshire. The English version comes in a choice of 3 images.  All versions of the leaflet are attached to this page.

The 'There is No Excuse for Abuse' poster comes in a choice of 8 images and is attached to this page.

Leaflets and posters can be ordered via email