There are three statutory member organisations of the Derbyshire Safeguarding Adults Board (DSAB), which are:
In addition, the DSAB has representation from the following organisations:
- Age UK Derby and Derbyshire
- Board Manager
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust
- Derbyshire County Council Community Safety
- Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Derbyshire Mind
- Derbyshire Voluntary Action
- DHU Healthcare Community Interest Company
- Diocese of Derby
- East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Healthwatch Derbyshire
- HMP and YOI Foston Hall
- HMP Sudbury
- Housing/Environmental Health (District Councils)
- Independent Chair
- National Probation Service Derbyshire
- Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner Derbyshire
- University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
Advisors to the Board are:
- Care Quality Commission
- Derbyshire County Council Legal Department
Independent Chair - Andy Searle
Andy is a retired police officer who has worked in adult safeguarding for the last seven years of service, retiring in 2006.
Andy has been involved in chairing Safeguarding Adults Boards across the north-west since 2007 and in the summer of 2014 was appointed to the Derbyshire Safeguarding Adults Board. He said:
"I have lived in Derbyshire all my married life so it made sense for me to try and make a difference in the area where I live.
"I hopefully bring experience and knowledge to Derbyshire but we all work together as a board collectively, borrowing good ideas from across the country and sharing our own developed good practice.
"My role as Independent Chair is exactly that, I am truly independent and I support and encourage partners to work collaboratively for the benefit of adults with needs for care and support. I hold partners to account, ensuring that they do what they say they are going to do and ensure that all play their role to address the issues surrounding abuse and neglect in the adult world.
"Partnership work is the way forward; if every individual and every agency or voluntary group takes responsibility for making adult safeguarding everyone’s business we will really make a difference to Derbyshire residents."