The Derbyshire Safeguarding Adults Board (DSAB) wants to ensure that both professionals and volunteers have easy access to information to support adults and their families with care and support needs from abuse or neglect.
Safeguarding is everybody's business and all agencies with a responsibility for the care, welfare and protection of adults at risk of abuse must ensure they:
- have a culture of zero tolerance to all forms of abuse
- refer to DSAB guidance, policy and procedures. Where possible safeguarding procedures should be known and understood by customers, relatives and friends as well as staff.
- ensure they have in place appropriate safeguarding policies and procedures, including an accessible whistle blowing policy
- ensure safer recruitment practices are followed
- ensure that they have sufficient staff training in place to guarantee that all staff know what to do if they are concerned that abuse has or may take place.